We are hiring:
Contractor Registered/Provisional Psychologist for hybrid in-person and virtual services
KM Counselling is a small but thriving practice located in NW Calgary and is seeking an independent contracted Registered/Provisional Psychologist to provide a hybrid of in-person and virtual counselling. This is a part-time contract position with the opportunity to grow into a full-time position.
Counselling/Psychological Services: Successful candidates have training and direct clinical experience providing counselling to individuals, and/or couples and families in several of the following areas:
- Life transitions
- Relationship Issues
- Work and school difficulties
- Grief and loss
- Gender and sexual diversity issues
- Registration as a Psychologist who is in good standing with the College of Alberta Psychologists, or Registered Provisional Psychologist and have an external supervisor.
- Two or more years of direct experience or equivalent combination of specialized training and experience.
- Strong clinical skills in general assessment, treatment formulation and implementation.
- Clinical experience working with adolescents an asset.
- Clinical experience working in a private practice setting an asset.
- Holds current professional liability insurance for Alberta.
- Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Persons Sector Clearance.
- Fluent English speaking.
- Demonstrates an ability to provide exceptional client-centered care.
- Excellent organization and communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to maintain client files and manage an active caseload.
- Strong ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent time management skills.
- Experience with clinic management software (Jane) an asset.
- Engages in frequent self-reflection, consultation, and has done your own work through therapy or other means.
- Open to working late afternoon, evening and some weekend shifts.
- Ability to offer 15-min phone consultations to prospective clients to determine fit.
What we offer:
- Fully furnished office space in NW Calgary including free heated underground parking for contractor, coffee/tea service, kitchen & boardroom use, internet, and receptionist to greet clients (during regular office hours).
- Flexible part-time hours to begin with the potential of growing to a full-time case load.
- Work-from-home hybrid option.
- Competitive compensation rates based on a percentage of hourly billing.
- Marketing/advertising on your behalf.
- Non-EAP based referrals.
- Clinic management software for online bookings, billing, video platform for virtual appointments (Jane).
- Monthly consultation and team meetings.
KM Counselling Inc. believes that meaningful, lasting change is best fostered when the therapy process is uniquely tailored to the needs of each client and is dedicated to building a genuine and safe therapy relationship. Utilizing evidence-based practices, all members of the KM Counselling team provide a custom-built therapy approach that supports the unique needs of each client we serve.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their CV to:
Kristin Matthews, R.Psych
KM Counselling Inc.